Immunity is about your body’s ability to naturally defend itself against invading organisms such as viruses and bacteria. Our bodies produce special proteins called antibodies, which are the agents that help fight off these unwanted parasites. They are disease specific.
3 Types of Immunity
There are three main types of immunity. These are namely:
- Adaptive or acquired
Innate immunity is derived from birth and comes from the mother. Adaptive immunity is developed as we expose ourselves to our worldly environment. Passive immunity is developed through vaccination programs.
Boosting immunity provides an important foundation for maintaining and improving your health throughout life.
5 Ways To Boost Immunity
Sleep deprivation impairs the optimal functioning of the immune system. It can lead to a chronic inflammatory response that can serve as the basis for a number of diseases. Some of these may include viral infections like the common cold. Good sleep strengthens the immune function and thus promotes rapid healing.
Exercising your body plays an important role in improving blood flow through the circulatory system. Oxygen and nutrients are transported more quickly to the cells in need, while toxic elements are carried away for excretion. The immune system also benefits from the efficient supply of nutrients and increase in the cell blood flow in the body. The lungs also help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways.
The body’s immune system is dependent on a balanced supply of nutrients for optimal function. Nutrients that play an important role include minerals and vitamins such as selenium, zinc, copper, iron, vitamins A, C, E and B complex. Any nutrient deficiency negatively impacts immune function.
Immune function is greatly affected by the stress level of the individual. High levels of stress lead to the release of corticosteroid hormones, which impair immune function. The depression and anxiety it causes can also promote a powerful inflammatory response, thus promoting the onset of illnesses such as colds, flu, herpes, and allergies.
Spiritual connection is about understanding the divine nature of the soul in the body. It helps people develop mental calm and thus lowers stress levels that can lead to immune suppression.
- L-Arginine and Erectile Dysfunction Remedy – Pentaglax Home RemediesArginine is an amino acid. It is known to regulate a compound in the blood called nitric oxide. This compound is responsible for regulating blood flow in the arteries, including …
- Anybody Suffering From Osteoarthritis? – Pentaglax Home RemediesAnybody suffering from osteoarthritis? Well I did in 2016, six years ago. Fast forward in 2022 – I have been symptoms free and not been on meds for 6 years. …
- Top 7 Foods To Avoid If You Suffer From Joint Pain – Pentaglax Home RemediesHighly processed foods, alcohol, sugary foods, fried foods etc. have been found to promote inflammation and pain in the joints. Some of those in the fore front also seems to …
- 10 Health Benefits of Vitamin C – Pentaglax Home RemediesVitamin C is a water-soluble essential vitamin that helps protect cells. It is important for the health of cartilage, skin, blood vessels, and bones. It also promotes wound healing. Some …
- 10 Health Benefits of Celery Juice – Pentaglax Home RemediesCelery belongs to the Apiaceae or Umbelliferae family consisting mostly of aromatic flowering plants. It is rich in nutrients that are highly beneficial to most body systems, including the cardiovascular, …