Arginine is an amino acid. It is known to regulate a compound in the blood called nitric oxide. This compound is responsible for regulating blood flow in the arteries, including sexual arousal. It allows blood vessels to relax hence lowering high blood pressure.
Erectile dysfunction is also called impotence. This refers to a condition where erections are difficult get and to maintain long enough to have sex. This can be an uncomfortable problem for many men. It is common for men of all ages. This is a common problem in our society today due to poor health habits and lifestyle. It is most common in people between the ages of 40 and 70. However, if the exact cause is identified and sound interventions are implemented, the problem can be reversed.
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction can be manifested by 1) Loss in sexual desire 2) impotence, and 3) inability to maintain an erection during full sexual intercourse.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Some of the main contributing factors to erectile dysfunction occurrence in our society today include:
- The use of some medications
- The bad health effects of prolonged smoking
- The consumption of alcohol and its negative impact on health
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Injuries to nerves or the spinal cord
- Stress levels and depression
- Decreased levels of testosterone
- Aging process
Erectile Dysfunction Remedies
Positive Lifestyle Adjustments
1. Check on your weight. Obesity may also be one of the predisposing factors
2. You’ve got to stop the habit of smoking. This may in the long run promote narrowing of the arteries and hence poor blood flow.
3. Exercise is vital to the improvement of the cardiovascular system health.
4. Alcohol and drugs are also not friendly in the long term health of your cardiovascular system.
5. Stress levels must also be checked and kept to a minimum.
6. Avoid the excessive consumption of sugary and processed foods.
7. Consume foods that are rich in the amino acid arginine.
8. Consume food that are rich in zinc.
Check out A Practical Guide to Healthy Living
Foods Rich in Arginine
Viagra works by blocking an enzyme called PDE-5, which breaks down nitric oxide. This nitric oxide is used by the body to fill the penis with blood during an erection.
Arginine is the main source of nitric oxide in the body. Increased blood flow during intercourse helps men achieve and maintain an erection.
Some of the common foods that are rich in Arginine include:
- Brazil nuts
- Sesame seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
Foods Rich in Zinc
The male reproductive system must have enough zinc to fully develop and maintain. It has been found that men who are deficient in zinc tend to have underdeveloped testicles and low sperm counts. Therefore, zinc is very important for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Some of the food sources that are rich in zinc include:
- Chia seeds
- Lean beef
- Sunflower seeds
- Dark chocolate
- Dairy products
- Soy bean
- Cashew nuts
- Sweet potatoes
- Hemp seeds
People with viral infections such as herpes should not take arginine supplements. They also recommend avoiding foods high in arginine but low in the amino acid lysine. This appears to encourage the growth of some viruses.
- L-Arginine and Erectile Dysfunction Remedy – Pentaglax Home RemediesArginine is an amino acid. It is known to regulate a compound in the blood called nitric oxide. This compound is responsible for regulating blood flow in the arteries, including sexual arousal. It allows …
- Anybody Suffering From Osteoarthritis? – Pentaglax Home RemediesAnybody suffering from osteoarthritis? Well I did in 2016, six years ago. Fast forward in 2022 – I have been symptoms free and not been on meds for 6 years. What did I do …
- Top 7 Foods To Avoid If You Suffer From Joint Pain – Pentaglax Home RemediesHighly processed foods, alcohol, sugary foods, fried foods etc. have been found to promote inflammation and pain in the joints. Some of those in the fore front also seems to be some of the …
- 10 Health Benefits of Vitamin C – Pentaglax Home RemediesVitamin C is a water-soluble essential vitamin that helps protect cells. It is important for the health of cartilage, skin, blood vessels, and bones. It also promotes wound healing. Some rich sources of essential …
- 10 Health Benefits of Celery Juice – Pentaglax Home RemediesCelery belongs to the Apiaceae or Umbelliferae family consisting mostly of aromatic flowering plants. It is rich in nutrients that are highly beneficial to most body systems, including the cardiovascular, respiratory, and digestive. The …