Vitamin C is a water-soluble essential vitamin that helps protect cells. It is important for the health of cartilage, skin, blood vessels, and bones. It also promotes wound healing. Some rich sources of essential vitamins are fresh fruits and vegetables. Citrus fruits are one of the most famous sources. It is also known as a powerful antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals that can damage body cells.
Vitamin C is abundantly found in vegetables and fruits. Some of the main sources are listed below:
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and is essential for protecting and improving immune function. Some of the rich sources are fruits such as oranges, lemons, grapefruits and limes.
Strawberries are rich in nutrients, including vitamin C. 100 grams of strawberries contain about 59 mg of vitamin C. As a rich antioxidant, it protects our body’s cells and promotes health.
Bell pepper is also rich in vitamin C. It helps the body absorb iron and promote wound healing.
Kiwis contain many health-promoting nutrients. Some of these nutrients include vitamins C, A, B6, B12, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and iron.
Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C. Cooking tomatoes reduces vitamin C content. So, eat fresh tomatoes to maximize their vitamin C content.
Kale is one of the most popular cruciferous vegetables. Other members are, cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli. It is rich in vitamin C.
Black currant is a berry that is rich in vitamin C. It can actually supply about 85% of the daily recommended amounts of vitamin C in a day.
Broccoli is a member of the cruciferous vegetables. Its also rich in vitamin C. Every 100 grams may supply about 65mg of vitamin C.
Papaya is a rich source of both vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, C and E.
Sweet potatoes are known to be a rich source of many vital vitamins an minerals. Vitamin C amongst them. It is also rich in beta carotene and potassium.
Also check Freedom From Arthritis Naturally ebook
There is no one magic bullet that can resolve over 100 forms of arthritis. Each individuals arthritis may have different causative and aggravating factors and genetics may also play a role. In my case in the year 2016, I played detective on my past lifestyle where I came to learn is where the causative factors lay. Remember, your present health circumstances are the by product of your past thinking and living lifestyles choices, arthritis included. I also came to understand more about our unique individual blood type, diet, digestion and immune health. I am a blood type O. Equipped with this genetic understanding led me to knock off all stuff that had been found to be unhealthy for my blood type and some could actually aggravate arthritis. When I made these transitions in my life, I lost weight – 123 kg to 92kg within about 4 months. Note that obesity may be one of the promoting factors in osteoarthritis, which was what I had. It’s now 6 years as I write this ebook having been arthritis free through natural interventions. Well the story is long and I cannot present here. That’s why I have documented it for those who want the exact details in my ebook Freedom From Arthritis Naturally to inspire, educate and empower other arthritis warriors that never ever give up!
Benefits of Vitamin C
Alzheimers patients can benefit from the vitamin C since it has a protective action on the brain cells preventing further damage or deterioration. Remember vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and can help prevent free radicals damage to healthy cells.
Vitamin C is known to be essential in the optimal function of the immune system. Its known to help support cellular functions of both the innate and adaptive immune function.
Vitamin C in doses of about 500mg daily mare help lower blood pressure. It also acts as a diuretic hence promotes blood pressure lowering.
Vitamin C in large doses may help in bolstering the immune system and hence helps during colds.
Vitamin C is normally found in high levels inside the fluid in the eye. This helps in preventing free radical damage to the eye cells. Therefore a diet rich in vitamin C may help boost protection in the eye and protect against conditions such as cataracts.
Reduces chances of stroke
Vitamin C availability in the blood is associated with lower levels of stroke.
Vitamin C may help in the prevention of free radical damage to body cells that may promote carcinogenesis. Its also a powerful antioxidant and is also useful in tissue repair.
Therefore its important to note that vitamin C plays a major role in our health. We should try to consume vegetables and fruits that are rich in it.
- L-Arginine and Erectile Dysfunction Remedy – Pentaglax Home RemediesArginine is an amino acid. It is known to regulate a compound in the blood called nitric oxide. This compound is responsible for regulating blood flow in the arteries, including sexual …
- Anybody Suffering From Osteoarthritis? – Pentaglax Home RemediesAnybody suffering from osteoarthritis? Well I did in 2016, six years ago. Fast forward in 2022 – I have been symptoms free and not been on meds for 6 years. What …
- Top 7 Foods To Avoid If You Suffer From Joint Pain – Pentaglax Home RemediesHighly processed foods, alcohol, sugary foods, fried foods etc. have been found to promote inflammation and pain in the joints. Some of those in the fore front also seems to be …
- 10 Health Benefits of Vitamin C – Pentaglax Home RemediesVitamin C is a water-soluble essential vitamin that helps protect cells. It is important for the health of cartilage, skin, blood vessels, and bones. It also promotes wound healing. Some rich …
- 10 Health Benefits of Celery Juice – Pentaglax Home RemediesCelery belongs to the Apiaceae or Umbelliferae family consisting mostly of aromatic flowering plants. It is rich in nutrients that are highly beneficial to most body systems, including the cardiovascular, respiratory, …