Apricots are rich in essential nutrients such as antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber. These nutrients can promote eye health, prevent atherosclerosis and other cardiovascular diseases such as stroke, heart problems and dementia.
Promotes Eye Health
The apricot fruit helps in promoting good eyesight. This is due to the rich content of lutein, zeaxanthin, beta-carotene, vitamins C and E. These are powerful antioxidants and help prevent free radical damage to eye cells.
Apricots are rich in fiber in both soluble and insoluble form. The soluble fiber promotes bowel movements because it promotes bulk. It also contributes to the formation of a healthy microbiome. The insoluble fiber serves as a nourishement for the gut microbiome.
Apricots are known to contain amygdalin, or laetrile, which is touted to help treat cancer.
Maintenance of Electrolytes
The apricot fruit contains minerals that are important for electrolyte balance, such as potassium and sodium. Potassium plays an important role in transmitting nerve signals and also helps lower blood pressure.
Heart Health Improvement
Apricot contains potassium, which plays an essential role in both blood pressure regulation and heart health. It is also high in antioxidants, which also have anti-inflammatory effects. Bad cholesterol deposits are controlled and thus arteriosclerosis is prevented.
Apricots are rich in iron and vitamin A, therefore they promote the formation of hemoglobin and the copper content promotes the absorption of iron.
Weight Loss Promotion
Apricots are high in fiber, which also provides a feeling of satiety. Therefore, it can help in a weight loss program.
Promotes Skin Health
Apricots are rich in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants that can prevent damage to skin cells. Therefore, they help to prevent skin aging, wrinkles and sunburn.
Bone Health Boost
Apricots are rich in the mineral calcium. phosphorus, manganese, iron and copper. These play a crucial role in bone health.
Apricots are rich in laetrile or amygdalin. This helps in promoting a healthy stomach lining. Therefore, it helps in both prevention and healing of stomach ulcers.
Benefits of Apricot Kernel Oil
Stimulates Hair Growth
Apricots are high in antioxidants, including essential fatty acids. They improve blood circulation in the scalp and increase the supply of oxygen and nutrients. They also help ward off infection, thus promoting healthy hair growth.
Reduces Dark Circle
Apricot improves blood flow to the tissues surrounding the eye and provides nutrients. As a result, puffiness is reduced and the skin looks healthy and younger.
Moisturizing Dry Skin
Apricots are rich in vitamins A, E and essential fatty acids. It moisturizes dry skin and gives it a glow. The skin is also supplied with moisture.
Fades Scars and Wrinkles
Using apricot on the skin helps fade both scars and wrinkles. The skin becomes smoother as the dead cells are removed.
Anti-inflammatory and Anti-aging
Apricots are rich in antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory properties. They are useful in conditions such as arthritis where inflammation is one of the hallmarks of its signs and symptoms. The oil can be massaged into the affected joints for relief. The oil also has a protective effect on skin cells by protecting against free radical damage from pollutants and sun exposure.
- L-Arginine and Erectile Dysfunction Remedy – Pentaglax Home RemediesArginine is an amino acid. It is known to regulate a compound in the blood called nitric oxide. This compound is responsible for regulating blood flow …
- Anybody Suffering From Osteoarthritis? – Pentaglax Home RemediesAnybody suffering from osteoarthritis? Well I did in 2016, six years ago. Fast forward in 2022 – I have been symptoms free and not been on …
- Top 7 Foods To Avoid If You Suffer From Joint Pain – Pentaglax Home RemediesHighly processed foods, alcohol, sugary foods, fried foods etc. have been found to promote inflammation and pain in the joints. Some of those in the fore …
- 10 Health Benefits of Vitamin C – Pentaglax Home RemediesVitamin C is a water-soluble essential vitamin that helps protect cells. It is important for the health of cartilage, skin, blood vessels, and bones. It also …
- 10 Health Benefits of Celery Juice – Pentaglax Home RemediesCelery belongs to the Apiaceae or Umbelliferae family consisting mostly of aromatic flowering plants. It is rich in nutrients that are highly beneficial to most body …