What is Gout? This is a condition whereby uric acid crystalizes forming it’s salt form referred to as urates. Uric acid is a normal liquid by product of protein metabolism. In some people this product crystalizes forming glass like substances. These are then deposited in the joints and may cause damage. They prefer depositing in the big toe and cause inflammation, swelling and pain. It’s sometime referred to as gouty arthritis.
Who gets this? Well, it is not clear but maybe some genetic factors are involved. People who eat plenty of roasted meat and drink alcohol seem to be the preferred candidates. They generally develop high levels of uric acid.
This condition may create a number of health complications. These salts may be depositing in the kidneys, gall bladder and joints. This can end up destroying these parts over a prolonged period of time.
1. Drink plenty of water
Water helps in diluting the uric acid and also helps in dissolving the crystals. About 12 glasses of water daily need to be consumed. Most of the people affected are generally poor water drinkers. This is considered as the best remedy.
2. Avoid alcoholic beverages
Alcohol boosts uric acid levels. Therefore these must be done away with immediately. Beer, wine etc must be avoided without any compromise.
These contain compounds that are capable of neutralising the uric acid. It helps in both preventive and the treatment of gout.
Also read 10 Amazing Health Benefits of Brown Rice
4. Avoid purine rich foods
Purines in foods are converted into uric acid. Therefore it’s important that apart from avoiding proteins, purine rich foods must also be eliminated. Some of these foods include beans, mushrooms, fish, liver, kidney etc.
5. Consume Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is one product that is helping people suffering from gout. This product is a natural extract from apples. It is safe and natural and is rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus. It has anti-inflammatory properties and helps manage pain naturally. It helps dissolve salts that are deposited in the joints hence promoting joint health. Once the avc is processed in the body, it’s residue is alkaline. This helps in restoring the body pH and also acidic toxic products elimination. It promotes the dissolution of urates and their elimination via the kidney.
Also read 7 Health Benefits of Beans
It can be seen therefore that lifestyle may promote formation and deposition of urates in the joints. It is therefore essential that one practices healthy living. Avoid foods that promote excessive uric acid production and consume more foods that promote alkalinization.
- L-Arginine and Erectile Dysfunction Remedy – Pentaglax Home RemediesArginine is an amino acid. It is known to regulate a compound in the blood called nitric oxide. This compound is responsible for regulating blood flow in the arteries, including sexual arousal. It allows blood vessels to relax hence lowering high blood pressure. Erectile dysfunction is also called impotence. This refers to a condition where …
- Anybody Suffering From Osteoarthritis? – Pentaglax Home RemediesAnybody suffering from osteoarthritis? Well I did in 2016, six years ago. Fast forward in 2022 – I have been symptoms free and not been on meds for 6 years. What did I do for my own particular type of osteoarthritis? Find out from my documentation of my successful journey using both conventional therapies first …
- Top 7 Foods To Avoid If You Suffer From Joint Pain – Pentaglax Home RemediesHighly processed foods, alcohol, sugary foods, fried foods etc. have been found to promote inflammation and pain in the joints. Some of those in the fore front also seems to be some of the foods that we normally tend to consume on a daily basis e.g sugar, dairy and refined, processed foods. Therefore their identification …
- 10 Health Benefits of Vitamin C – Pentaglax Home RemediesVitamin C is a water-soluble essential vitamin that helps protect cells. It is important for the health of cartilage, skin, blood vessels, and bones. It also promotes wound healing. Some rich sources of essential vitamins are fresh fruits and vegetables. Citrus fruits are one of the most famous sources. It is also known as a …
- 10 Health Benefits of Celery Juice – Pentaglax Home RemediesCelery belongs to the Apiaceae or Umbelliferae family consisting mostly of aromatic flowering plants. It is rich in nutrients that are highly beneficial to most body systems, including the cardiovascular, respiratory, and digestive. The rich fiber content helps lower bad cholesterol in the body and also improves digestive function. Other members of the Apiaceae or …